Impact of the Programs
- Stabilization of physical and emotional health
- Improved family and social functioning
- Improved educational achievement
- Improved connection to the community which encourages youth to participate in pro-social recreation and leisure activities.
- Development of healthy coping and stress management skills
- Develop skills for a successful transition to independence
- Increased ability and confidence to make positive decisions.
Full Time Attendance Program
Boys and Girls Club of Greater Victoria offers 2 community based residential programs as an alternative to custody. The programs are a provincial resource for male youth 12 to 18 years of age. The goal of these programs is to help youth return to their family (when possible) and community and develop prosocial skills and behaviors that will decrease their involvement in the criminal justice system.
Orchard House is a residential treatment program for youth experiencing substance use issues. Youth can expect to grow as individuals, learn how resilient they are, receive an abundance of support and guidance, and renew their connection to community.
Youth have the opportunity to participate in school programs, daily physical and recreational activity, life skills development, individual and group counselling, and employment readiness training. Referrals to the program are made by the youth’s probation officer.
250-384-9133 Ext. 225