In February 2012 Boys & Girls Club of Greater Victoria (BGC) in conjunction with members of Victoria’s Community Centre Network (CCN) launched a film festival contest designed to engage local youth and teens in educating their peers and the wider community about the negative impact of bullying. Due to the tremendous success of this event and support from local organizations and community partners, the CCN decided to make this into an annual event.
2019 marked Victoria’s 8th annual Anti-Bullying Film Festival and a name change for the festival to Spread the Love Film Festival. The name change was made in hopes that youth would begin thinking about ways to spread kindness and love both in their film submissions and in their daily lives.
The 2020 Film Festival took place on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, at l’école Victor-Brodeur.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2020 WINNERS!
1. Tweenie but Mighty – BGC Westshore
2. Words – BGC Central Saanich
3. Kid-terview – Fairfield
4. The Legend of Zeld-bro – Fairfield
5. The Making of Spread the Love – Quadra Village
6. Friendship Bracelets – Burnside
7. Oaklands Kindness – Oaklands
8. Battle to the Lightside – Quadra Village
9. What Does Kindness Mean to You? – Quadra Village
10. Spread the Love – James Bay